- AHIP Online Medicare Training Course User Guide.
- This guide provides step-by-step instructions for completing your AHIP certification.
- Get started Now: AHIP website
- Or View discounted rates – available by accessing AHIP certification through some MA carriers.
- Click here for additional MA Carrier Certification Info.
What is AHIP?
It’s the American Health Insurance Plans organization which administers the annual test you must pass in order to market and sell Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug plans.
Do I have to take this test every year?
Are you planning to sell ANY Medicare Advantage plans or assist anyone over the agent of 65 with health care? If so, then yes, AHIP is an annual requirement for marketing and selling Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug plans.
How long does the AHIP training and exam take?
- The total time will vary for each agent. You can take as long as needed to study the training modules.
- The final exam consists of 50 randomly selected questions from all 5 parts of the training modules.
- You must pass the AHIP exam with a minimum passing score of 90%.
Where do I send this certification?
- All MA carriers that you appoint with will require a copy of your AHIP certification. There are also additional carrier specific certifications that will be required in order to market and sell each carrier’s plans.
- Each agent is responsible for sending a copy of their AHIP certification to each carrier. This can be done through the AHIP testing site.
- In addition, email or fax a copy (800-539-1021) of your certification to Peek Performance.
How much does it cost?
Through the AHIP website, the cost is $175. However, many carriers offer discounted rates if you are appointed with them and access the training through their carrier portal, and some carriers offer full reimbursement for returning/high producing agents. Click here for instructions to obtain the discounted rate through various carriers.
Will Peek Performance help cover the cost for AHIP?
- If an agent is appointed through Peek Performance and sells 15 or more Medicare Advantage plans, he/she will be eligible for a full reimbursement for his/her out of pocket cost for AHIP*.
- *Proof of payment and proof of policies sold under a Peek Performance writing number will be required for reimbursement.
How do I get started?
- Click here for the AHIP Online Medicare Training Course User Guide. It provides step-by-step instructions for completing your AHIP certification.
- Click here for the AHIP website. Or see the links below for discounted rates through some MA carriers.
Are there any additional requirements I must meet, besides contracting and AHIP completion, in order to market and sell Medicare Advantage plans?
Yes, each carrier has its own separate list of requirements. Most carriers require the following: AHIP, Carrier-Specific Training, and Live Face-to-Face meetings. Each carrier that requires Face-to-Face meetings will publish a list of times/locations. Be sure to register as soon as possible to secure your spot.
AHIP Discount & Reimbursement Programs
- BCBS of SC
- Cigna HealthSpring
- Humana AHIP Discount Information
(Discounted Rate: $125, when accessed via the Humana Agent Portal)
- Wellcare AHIP Discount Information
(Discounted Rate: $125, when accessed via link – http://www.ahipmedicaretraining.com/clients/wellcare/1099)